Friday, November 27, 2009

Ice cream, turkey, and more turkey

Hi all!! It's been a few weeks since we posted due to the lack of computer access I have had lately. FORTUNATELY, we now have our own computer! We held out for Black Friday and it was a success!! Adam set his alarm for 4:45am and he was out the door. Less than 3 hours later, he was back with a new laptop that included a FREE printer! Yahoo! So now, I can update you all what has been going on the past couple weeks!

Last Saturday, we had an Ice Cream Tasting party for my birthday! I made 7 flavors and Kristen made 1 for a grand total of 8 flavors to taste. We had: Snickerdoodle, Blueberry Cheesecake, Orange Pineapple, Mango Sorbet, Coconut Sorbet, Pumpkin, Caramelized Banana, and Chocolate Rosemary (made by Kristen). They were ALLL so yummy and we are still enjoying some of them!! The favorites were Caramelized Banana and Blueberry Cheesecake so they no longer exist....I guess I just have to make more!
Yep....I made and decorated my own cake!
Lots of friends to share in the fun!

We had quite a few kiddos too -
Kyle, Dash, Savannah, Kendall, and Everett!

Last Sunday, our Bible Study group came over for a Thanksgiving Potluck. Adam and I rearranged the furniture and borrowed a few card tables from our neighbor and we were all set. We had 20 people seated around our two tables and I got to use most of my dishes! The kitchen was the buffet line and we had quite the spread. It was a ton of fun and Adam got to take a crack at deep frying a turkey for the first time. The turkey turned out super flavorful as we brined it overnight and ended up repeating the recipe for Thanksgiving Day!

Now I know we can get 20 people around the tables!

The Buffet Line in the kitchen

We were stuffed!

The other table of friends

Monday was my actual birthday and I was home sick!! Since I didn't go to work, I went to the doctor's to make sure I get better as fast as possible. I was told I had laryngitis and had to let it run its course. My voice is mostly back now and I feel just fine. Adam got a little of it, but I definitely got the biggest hit. I am so thankful that is over!

Thursday was Turkey Day and what an awesome time we had! I had a blast setting our table with these beautiful dishes and bronzeware thanks to my in-laws. Kristen made rolls, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and rummagrout. What is rummagrout you ask? It is a Norwegian rice pudding that Kristen grew up having and it is delicious! Abbey and Jerald joined us and contributed homemade cranberry sauce and green bean casserole. Katy and Branon also came with Katy making the stuffing and mashed potatoes. Matt and Andrea are friends from church and Andrea made awesome empanadas. She is from Argentina and these were fabulous. Adam fried the turkey again and I made the infamous sweet potato casserole. Thanksgiving Day was just
wonderful!!
The table is all set...where is everyone?

Much better!
The whole gang ready to dive into the yummy goodness!

A plate of yummy goodness!

Everett joined the table too!

Katy, Kristen, and I

Everett's First Thanksgiving

Okay okay, so I know many of you really just want to see pictures of Everett....here he is! This little guy is eating like a Parken, a Joe, and a Kwong (he's eating a lot and he is not picky!). We recently had to lower his crib mattress because he had figured out how to roll on his belly and swat at his mobile switch to TURN IT ON! Ummm yeah, it was a shocker to go in and get him from a nap to find that the mobile was on! Needless to say, Adam and I are just having a ton of fun with him and LOVE seeing him learn new things as he keeps growing. We are working on sitting by himself right now and he is getting close, but not quite yet. However, he has figured out how to kick his activity mat just right to make it flip over. I am serious. Adam and I really laugh at him every day. He comes up with these new tricks and some of them are just hilarious!!!

Everett is sporting his Thanksgiving outfit with the feet reading "little turkey"

So, if you don't get Everett's food ready fast enough,
he eats his high chair...I promise we feed him!!!

Everett's fish face -hahaha!

Random Fact from Adam: "North Carolina produces the second highest number of Christmas trees in the U.S., behind Oregon."

No comments: