Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend of Productivity!

Adam and I had a great weekend being home and getting things done! To kick off my weekend, we went to a Jimmy Buffet concert on Thursday night. I have to say, it wouldn't be my first choice being 8 months pregnant, but Adam won free tickets through our newspaper and the seats were decent. The crowd was outrageous, but the concert was quite enjoyable.

On Friday, I enjoyed some shopping with Kristen while Adam was at work and long afternoon nap! We got BBQ at our favorite place, Allen and Sons, with friends and took it easy for the rest of the evening.

Saturday - Adam spent hours outside planting herbs, mowing the yard, and more. I spent time inside in front of my sewing machine and FINALLY got the sewing done for the nursery. So, we have the crib bumpers completed and I covered the cushion and foot stool for the rocking chair too. I actually had the curtains done a few weeks ago, but it took much longer for me to design the bumpers in a pattern I liked. But now, I LOVE them and feel a LOT better that these are finished!
We're going for a transportation theme for the nursery

Kristen got a job and back at Fidelity too!! And we went out to celebrate at our usual place...Frazier's! Kristen bought me this cute maternity top to wear for our evening out! Congratulations Kristen! We're so proud of you!

Sunday - What's a weekend if Adam and I don't make breakfast together one day!? Adam found this awesome recipe for some blueberry pancakes and accompanied them with a maple butter sauce. It was definitely the best pancakes this Parken house has ever seen! We're still cleaning up and being productive this afternoon before we head to church in a few hours.

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!

Random Fact from Adam: "The Philadelphia Inquirer says the recession means less trash. According to Waste Business Journal, trash declined from 513 million tons in 2006 to 208 million tons in 2007 to 505 million tons in 2008."

1 comment:

Casey2 said...

steph...you are looking gorgeous!! I imagine your big day is coming soon. That sounds like a great weekend to me.