Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The First Year in Pediatrics

As I continue my first year in a pediatrics, one thing is certain.....my immune system is still adjusting. I am currently recovering from a nice case of strep throat that caused a fever for three days and a pretty achy body. Needless to say, I did not work on Monday or Tuesday, but I will face it all again tomorrow. Fortunately, I have gotten plenty of time to rest, relax, and do nothing. And for Beth out there with the flu, pray for her to get better quickly too! Being around children consistently can take a toll it seems! The children I see in my clinic range from age 2 - 12. I have more younger/preschool children which I greatly enjoy, but these little guys have yet to learn how to use a Kleenex appropriately. Hopefully, my immune system will only grow stronger and these little ailments won't come around as often anymore! I do wish you all a great week and a healthy one too!!

Random Fact from Adam: "Both Tim McGraw and Faith Hill sing the same line in the chorus of 'I Need You': 'Like my Uncle Joe in Oklahoma needs a rain.'" Maybe it's just me, but I think it's either (1) an amazing coincidence that they both have an Uncle Joe in Oklahoma, or (2) it's creepy that they have the same Uncle Joe and they're singing about how they need each other.

1 comment:

Steve, Tracy, Wesley & Reeve said...

Yuck! Bummer about strep throat!! :( Feel better soon! Loved my birthday card...thank you! I just tagged you for "8 Random Things". Check out my blog. Love ya!